(1) Writing: You can be witty and make people laugh. Sex: Comedy is basically forbidden.
(2) Writing: Work on your piece over time; tweak it and perfect it. Sex: You get one opportunity; own it or blow it.
(3) Writing: An editor can help you. Sex: Your performance is squarely up to you.
(4) Writing: Published writing exists for eternity. Sex: Sex is quickly forgotten.
(5) Writing: You can earn money from it. Sex: Unless you are a prostitute, you won’t earn a dollar.
(6) Writing: Writing is satisfying from start to finish.
Sex: Sex can be satisfying, but the good part is fleeting.
(7) Writing: Writing can express a gauntlet of emotions. Sex: Sex is limited to pleasure and shame.
(8) Writing: For the holy minded, God doesn’t care much about what you write about. Sex: God is damn restrictive. You must be married and not too experimental as to your choice of partner.
(9) Writing: Humans are the only species who can write. Sex: Even mosquitoes have sex.
(10) Writing: The worst thing that can happen is criticism. Sex: STD, anyone?