Home News 4 Girls Rushed to Hospital as Fire Ravages Yaba Tech Hostel

4 Girls Rushed to Hospital as Fire Ravages Yaba Tech Hostel

73
0

Four girls have now been rushed to the hospital for shock resulting from a fire incident which affected at least 20 rooms in the Girls Hostel of Yaba College of Technology in Lagos.

The fire outbreak rocked two blocks of Bakassi, which serves as the Girls Hostel at Yaba Tech. Each of the block is a 25-room storey building.

There was no casualty and some of those in shock have been stabilised already. The 20 rooms were destroyed completely while five were partly affected on the topmost floor.

WESTERN POST sources said the incident occurred at 5.20 am after a power outage and generator was instantly engaged, which sparked off an unexpected smoke and then fire.

The four ladies developed shock and were rushed to Federal Medical Centre, Yaba, and General Hospital, Randle Avenue in Surulere, Lagos.

The emergency operation has been put under control by officials of NEMA, LASEMA, Lagos State Fire Service, Unilag. Fire Service and Yaba Tech. Fire Service.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here