By Kolawole Olayinka, Abeokuta
Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has sworn-in 18 Commissioners out of the 19 screened and confirmed by the Ogun State House of Assembly, as well as 11 Special Advisers out of the 16 appointed into the State’s Executive Council, at the June 12 Cultural Centre, Kuto, Abeokuta.
Prince Abiodun who noted that the appointments came at the right time, as best hands had to be engaged in order to deliver dividends of democracy to the people, charged them to see their positions as a call to service, work harder to justify their selection and contribute their quota to the development of the State,
He prayed that the good Lord would give them strength and wisdom to provide quality leadership to the Ministries and Agencies they have been designated.
The Governor assigned:
- Hon. Afolabi Afuape (Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs)
- Hon Tunji Akinosi (Forestry)
- Prof. Sidi Osho (Education, Science and Technology )
- Dr Adeola Odedina (Agriculture)
- Mr Olaolu Olabimtan (Budget and Planning)
- Barr. Gbolahan Adeniran (Justice)
- Dr Tomi Coker (Health)
- Barr. Femi Ogunbanwo (Special Duties)
- Tpl. Tunji Odunlami (Urban and Physical Planning)
- Hon. Abiodun Abudu-Balogun (Environment)
- Mrs Kikelomo Longe (Commerce and Industry)
- Mr Dapo Okubadejo (Finance)
- Hon. Oludotun Taiwo (Rural Development)
- Hon. Ganiyu Hamzat (Community Development and Cooperatives)
- Mrs Funmi Efuwape (Women Affairs)
- Mr Kehinde Oluwadare (Youth and Sports)
- Mr Jamiu Omoniyi (Housing)
- Mr Toyin Taiwo (Tourism)
- Mr Ade Akinsanya (Works and Infrastructure)
The Special Advisers comprised, Hon. Adebiyi Adeleye, Hon. Adijat Oladapo, Mr. Aina Salami, Engr. Babatunde Adeshina, Hon. Babatunde Olaotan, Dr. Joseph Odemuyiwa, Engr. Kunle Otun, Mr. Ola Oresanya, AIG Olushola Subair (Rtd), Mrs. Ronke Soyombo and Hon. Tajudeen Egunjobi.
Speaking on behalf of the Commissioners and Special Advisers, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Hon. Afolabi Afuwape, appreciated the Governor for the privilege to serve, assuring the people of their dedication to the State.