The 2021 Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) prizes shortlist has been announced, revealing beautiful writings of impressive craft in all the categories.
The list is provided in no particular order as follows:
ANA 2021 PROSE -FICTION PRIZE
- The Strangers of Braamfontein by Onyeka Nwelue
- What If… Linda Jumai Mustafa
- The Conquest of Azenga by I. Harry Hagher
- A Part of Stone by Binna Nengi-Ilagha
- A person of Heft by Bolaji Olatunde
- A Dance of the Wizard by Paul Vihimga Abuul
ANA 2021 DRAMA PRIZE
- Homecoming by Chetachi Igbokwe
- The Mudskippers by Peter Omoko
- Pajepolobi by Kehinde Akano
ANA 2021 POETRY PRIZE
- Nka by Nwachukwu Egbunike
- Turns of Thoughts by Andrew Bula
- Rumbling Sky by Stephen Kekeghe
- An Angel on the Piano by Onyeke Nwelue
- Let Me Die Another Day by Regina Achie- Nege
- Emirate Blues and Home Resistance by Kehinde Akano
- Slit Drum and Metal Gong by Onyebuchi Nwosu
- A Spring of Longings by Davidson Chimezie Iwunzu
- Where the Light Enters You by Saviour Gbadamosi
- The Road from Chibok to Dapchi by Mohammad Alwali Kazir
ANA 2021 CHILDREN’S LITERATURE PRIZE
- Phantom Forest by Chuma Anikwata
- King Little Finger and other Stories by Yemi Ajagbe
- A Girl Called Corona Sofia by Jide Ogunlana
The winners would be announced at the Mamman Vatsa Writers Village in Mpappe,Abuja where the 40th anniversary of ANA would take place from November 3rd to 6th,also the Chinua Achebe International Conference centre would be commissioned.The Theme of this year’s convention is Resilience and Nation Building:The Role of Nigerian Literature.
The anniversary lecture would be delivered by Professor Femi Osofisan while the keynote address would be delivered by Professor Akachi Adimorah Ezeigbo
The planning committee of ANA has also unveiled Arik Airline as the Airline Sponsor for its 40th anniversary. According to ANA, Arik will calculate the 40 percent discount excluding government taxes and advise on the cost, after which the tickets will be issued.
Chairman of ANA in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Taiwo Akerele who is also the chairman of the planning committee for ANA’s 40th anniversary advised intending ANA delegates who would be going through Arik Airline to start sending their Names ,as written in their ANA ID card, city of departure, Date of Departure, Return Date and Phone Numbers to the ANA National Publicity Secretaries.
The ANA committee also noted that Arik’s Owerri flight has been suspended for now. Those planning to go through Arik from Owerri can do so through Port Harcourt.