Home News Armed Robbers Demobilise Bullion Van, Cart Away Cash from First Generation Bank...

Armed Robbers Demobilise Bullion Van, Cart Away Cash from First Generation Bank in Ondo

0

 

By Temitope Adedeji ,Akure.

 

Fully armed men of the underworld struck in Elemoso Village along Ondo-Akure road in Ondo East Local Government Area of the state on Thursday and attacked and looted a bullion van with an undisclosed amount of money.

The incident, which occurred around 4:50 pm, left the bullion van and the escorts vehicle conveying the policemen riddled with bullets while the robbers carted away cash belonging to one of the first generation banks in the country.

An eyewitness said the policemenwere were caught unawares when the armed robbers shot sporadically at the police escorts’ van and the bullion van simultaneously.

He explained that the policemen and the driver of the van took to their heels immediately the hoodlums opened fire on them.

He stated that the operation lasted for just about ten minutes, saying the community was turned into a grave yard within the period the operation lasted, as no one could withstand the superior firepower of the dare-devil men.

He said: “The speed breaker erected on the highway helped the armed men. They overtook the vans and opened fire on the policemen before they could realise what was going on. The men are better equipped because they operated with confidence.”

However, a middle aged man, identified as Pastor Ajah, who was coming from Ondo town was said to have been shot during the attack. Ajah, a school proprietor in the area, was said to be coming from a mechanic workshop in Ondo town with his Toyota Sienna Bus with registration Number AA733FTD when he ran into the hoodlums who opened fire on him and his car.

He said further that the man was shot in the eye and had been taken to the general hospital in Ondo town while the robbers who came in a red car disappeared through an untarred road linking the area with Ile Oluji, a neighbouring town.

The state Police Commissioner Isaac Eke, who described the attack as shocking, said his men had commenced investigations into the attack while his men are on the trail of the hoodlums.

According to Eke, the command suspected conspiracy in the attack noting that official bookings of security was not made at the Police Operations Department before the assignment was carried out, saying conspiracy should not be ruled out in the attack.

He also said none of the escort police officers in the convoy had reported to the station and their whereabouts remained unknown at press time.

nigeria_news_access_bank_online

Like and Share this:

ADD YOUR COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here