The Federal Government has given the country a cheery news. According to the government, 82 additional Chibok schoolgirls were released earlier on Saturday.
It was however learnt that the release followed negotiations between Boko Haram and the Federal Government in which the schoolgirls were swapped for some Boko Haram prisoners.
WESTERNPOST learnt that President Buhari will soon meet the freed Chibokgirls.
No official of the government was ready to confirm the release of the girls on record on Saturday night. But sources said the released girls are still being held by the military.
Over 200 school girls were abducted from their hostel in April 2014. Twenty-one of the girls were released in October last year.
The BringBackOurGirls# group also treated the news of the return of the girls with skepticism on Saturday night.
In a release last night by Sesugh Akume #BringBackOurGirls Spokesperson, the group said: “We have been made aware of the yet-to-be-confirmed news that a number of our missing 195 Chibok girls in captivity have been released through negotiation.
“It would be recalled that in October last year when the 21 were released, the Federal Government, specifically the Presidency said that 83 more were ‘on their way’.
“We await official confirmation from the Federal Government and a release of their names. We shall go to work to confirm the news to verify its authenticity, and communicate same to the public.
“Our hopes and expectations are high as we look forward to this news being true and confirmed”.