The Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) has denied any link with the stolen money recovered so far by the Federal Government.
A breakdown of the loot recovered so far given at the weekend by Information Minister Lai Mohammed showed that the Federal Government had gotten N78billion, $185m, £3million among others.
The houses seized are put at 182 while the vessels are five. But the government declined to release the identities of those hwo returned the loot.
NLNG was reacting to a national newspaper on Monday entitled: “N115b Loot: ex-Air chiefs, politicians top refund list.”
In a statement on Monday afternoon, the General Manager External Relations Division of NLNG, Dr. Kudo Eresia-Eke, said: “The said report quotes an unnamed public official, and states that ‘$3.1bn intercepted in the accounts of NNPC and NLNG which was yet to be moved to the Central Bank of Nigeria in line with the Transaction Single Account (TSA) policy’.
“NLNG views this statement with utmost seriousness and wishes to denounce it as misleading and untrue.
“To our knowledge, no NLNG’s accounts are the subject of any recovery effort by the EFCC or any other similar authority more especially as NLNG is a private company and not a government agency or parastatal.
“We are surprised that these misleading reports continue to be rehashed despite categorical statements by ourselves and third parties, including the Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) to the effect that NLNG has no outstanding obligations to government.
“We wish to use this medium to appeal to all concerned stakeholders to take the necessary duty of care of checking the accuracy of information before publication.