Home News Family Die in Mosquito Coil Fire

Family Die in Mosquito Coil Fire


A mosquito col fire has ravaged a home and killed a woman and her four children in the Shehuri North area of Maiduguri, Borno State.

the woman, identified as Iya Adams, and her children – Firdau (seven years old), Adamu (five years old), Babagana (two years old) and Musa (seven months old) – were burnt to death around 12.45am on Wednesday.

Residents, who heard their cry for help, reportedly tried in vain to put out the fire.

The corpses were said to have been taken away by policemen from the Dandal division.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Joseph Kwaji, said valuables were also destroyed in the fire.

He said, “The woman lit the mosquito coil in the living room and went to sleep with the children. The mosquito coil burnt out and ignited a fire which consumed everybody in the house.

The whereabouts of the father is still yet to be known.

Like and Share this:


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here