Home News Family of Five Consumed by Fire in Lagos

Family of Five Consumed by Fire in Lagos


By Ibidapo Balogun

Tragedy struck in Lawanson, Surulere, Lagos early Wednesday as a huge fire consumed a family of five persons in the area.

The victims included the father, mother, grandmother and two children, a baby and a girl.

The incident took place at 23 Michael Ogun Street, Obele, Lawanson and threw the entire area into confusion and deep mourning.

A boy was, however, rescued alive.

The incident happened around 12.10 this morning.

“It is an unfortunate incident, it is a very sad day in this area, a whole family roasted in overnight fire, this is sad”, one eyewitness told WESTERN POST.

Besides the family of five roasted in the fire, an unidentified man that was sleeping under a mobile truck was also crushed to death while he was fast asleep at Sari Iganmu, Lagos.

Confirming the incident, Director Fire, Lagos, Mr. Rasaq Fadipe, said both incidents happened.

“Tragedy, a family of 5 persons, father, mother, grandmother, a baby and a girl consumed by fire at No. 21 Michael Ogun Street, Obele, Lawanson.

“A man that slept under a truck was also unknowingly crushed at Sari Iganmu in the midnight,” he said via text messages.

Like and Share this:


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here