Kolawole Olayinka, Abeokuta
At about 9pm yesterday January 26th, 2015, a fire outbreak devastated the old market in Ilaro, Yewa South Local Government, Ogun State.
It was gathered that all efforts by the State Fire Services in Ilaro to quench the fire failed.
When Western Post Correspondent spoke with Alhaja Bola Idowu Iyaloja of Ilaro, she reiterated the fact that the fire was from nowhere. She made it clear that all precautions were observed by the shop-owners because it has happened before in 2011 hence they have been instructed not to use candles or anything that could cause a fire accident. “No one among the shop owners use candles or keep fuel in his or her custody in the market. We have given them the rules after the 2011 fire accident,” she explained.
Alhaja Bola Idowu thereby called on the governor of Ogun State, Senator Ibikunle Amosun to come to their aid.
While former counsellor in Ilaro Ward 1, Mrs. Alaba Adewunmi (Alabama) made it known to Our Correspondent that PDP governorship candidate, Gboyega Nasir Isiaka had visited the scene, consoled the victims and promised to do something to alleviate their loss.