President Nana Akufo-Addo of Ghana Tuesday spoke with President Muhammadu Buhari, expressing his sincere apology for the demolition of a building on the premises of Nigerian High Commission in Accra, Ghana.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President (Media & Publicity), Garba Shehu, in a statement on Tuesday said the Ghanaian leader in a telephone call told President Buhari that he had directed full investigation into the incident.
Earlier in the day, it further emerged that some suspects had been arrested, and would be arraigned in court.
Armed men on last Friday stormed the staff quarters of the Nigerian High Commission in Ghana with bulldozers, demolishing a block of apartments on the property.
The building was being constructed to house staff and visiting diplomats to the High Commission.
A worker with the High Commission complained about the lackluster attitude of the Ghanaian Police in handling the situation.
The staff quarters of the Nigerian High Commission in Ghana said to have been demolished by a businessman.
He said the policemen watched from afar as the building was being destroyed without doing anything.
The worker said a Ghanaian businessman had claimed that the building was being built on his land.