Home News Ibadan Polytechnic Students Stage Protest Over Inability to Complete Exam Registration

Ibadan Polytechnic Students Stage Protest Over Inability to Complete Exam Registration

0

By Richard Thomas, Ibadan

Academic and business activities were on Monday grounded as students of the Polytechnic of Ibadan staged a peaceful protest against the inaccessibility of student to access portals, and inability to complete their registration for the first-semester examination scheduled to commence on Monday.

Western Post correspondent gathered that students of the institution began the protest at about 7:00 AM and laid barricades on all the school entrances.

The development led to the intervention of security agencies comprising of the Nigerian army, police, SSS and Civil defense corps, to prevent the protest from turning violent.

Some of the students who spoke with Western Post lamented that the management of the institution focused more on personal gains rather than the general welfare of the students, adding that only 40per cent among them have completed their registration for the first-semester examination, while the remaining 60per cent fell victim of the institution’s management flaws.

They, therefore, called on the Oyo state government to intervene before the matter gets out of hands.

Reacting to the allegations of the students, the Public Relations Officer of the Polytechnic, Ibadan, Mr Soladoye Adewole, explained that the management has given the students about five months to complete their registration but some took it for granted while others procrastinated.

He said to enable students who were unable to meet registration and payment of tuition deadline to do so, the management of The Polytechnic, Ibadan has resolved to postpone the first-semester examination for the 2019/2020 academic session scheduled to commence this Monday 12th of October, 2020 for one week.

As at the time of filing this report, all entrances leading to the Polytechnic of Ibadan had been shut, while students littered outside the school gates for the peaceful protest, under the close watch of the security agencies.

 

 

nigeria_news_access_bank_online

Like and Share this:

ADD YOUR COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here