By Deborah Oladejo, Osogbo
Osun State Police Command has debunked the reports making the rounds on social media that Ile-Ife and Modakeke are at war.
A video had been trending on social media since Sunday night with the purported rumour of clash between the two towns.
Reacting to the claims, the State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Yemisi Opalola on Monday, said the news was fake and a blatant lie.
The PPRO said: “ It was an erroneous belief that some people came to attack people from Famia axis. The news was fake and a blatant lie!
“The true situation as gathered is that; the local vigilantes guiding the area against thieves and hoodlums were on their routine show of force like any other places, to alert the people of the community of their presence and assure them of safety.
“But because of what happened recently, people became apprehensive, thinking they were under attack.”
The State Commissioner of Police, Olawale Olokode, therefore, assured residents and citizens of the state of his unrelenting commitment to ensuring adequate security.
He also appealed to residents to report any strange movement around them or anyone suspected to be of questionable character, urging them to go about their lawful businesses without any fear of insecurity.