The Independent National Election Commission (INEC) has inaugurated a 12-man committee to produce a comprehensive report on the 2015 general elections.
At a brief ceremony held at the Commission’s headquarters, Wednesday, the Chairman of INEC, Professor Attahiru Jega, urged members of the Committee to produce “an excellent report” before the 30th of June 2015, which marks the end of tenure of the present Commission.
The INEC Chairman, who tasked the members of the Committee, to give their full commitment to the job ahead, assured them of the Commission’s full support in order to facilitate effective execution of the assignment.
The report committee, which draws its membership from across departments, is being chaired by the National Commissioner in charge of the Information and Voter Education Committee, Dr. Chris O. Iyimoga.
Other members of the Committee include:
- Prof. M.J Kuna S.A to Hon. Chairman Member
- Okey Ndeche Director (P&M) Member
- Kayode Idowu Chief Press Secretary Member
- Nick Dazang DD (VEP) Member
- Chima Duruaku DD (EOPs) Member
- Okechukwu Ibeanu CTA Member
- Fatu Ogwuche Citizens Contact Centre Member
- Nnamdi Nweze Legal Officer Member
- Aminu Idris DD ( EPM) Member
- Shehu Wahab DD ( EPM) Member
- John Irem Director (TEI) Member/Secretary
Responding, the Chairman of the Committee, Iyimoga, appreciated the Commission for the opportunity to serve and expressed confidence that the members of the Committee, given their pedigree, would produce an excellent report within the time frame given.