Former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro and ex-Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, have now regained their freedom.
Abati was released from custody early Saturday. He had on Friday submitted his passport to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
But Obanikoro had been released on Friday having returned N100 million to the commission with a promise to refund another N480 million from the arm procurement cash he allegedly received from the Office of ex-National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd)..
Abati was arrested last week following allegations that he received N50 million from the Office of the National Security Adviser for unstated reasons.
He was said to have promised to return N5 million but later changed his mind.
Obanikoro was released around 5 pm on Friday evening released from the custody of the commission.
Obanikoro, who was arrested on October 17, was accused of receiving N4.7bn through the Office of the National Security Adviser in 2014.
He was said to have pocketed N785m while the balance was given to Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State and Senator Iyiola Omisore, who was the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State in 2014.
Obanikoro was said to have returned N100m and pledged to return N480m while his American and Nigerian passports were submitted to the EFCC.