By Bode Akinbode, Ibadan
The 41st Olubadan of Ibadanland, and Chairman, Oyo State Council of Obas and Chiefs, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, Aje Ogungunniso 1 who joined his ancestors is to be buried today.
In a statement signed by the late monarch’s Personal Assistant/Director of Media and Publicity, Mr Adeola Oloko,
Oba Adetunji, 93 passed away in the early hours of Sunday at the University College Hospital, UCH, Ibadan.
He is survived by his wife, Olori Rashidat Ololade Adetunji, Children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
He will be buried at 4.00 pm today at his Popoyemoja, Ibadan Palace according to Muslim rites.
Meanwhile barring unforeseen circumstances, it is expected that High Chief Lekan Balogun will be crowned the new Olubadan of Ibadanland, while others automatically move to the next step .
The departed Kabiyesi, Oba Saliu emerged from the Balogun line, which is one of the two lines that produces the Olubadan.
The next Olubadan will come from the Otun line which has the former Senator as the highest in rank, being the Otun Olubadan.
Below is the heirachy of the Ibadan traditional Chiefs
1) Lekan Balogun: Otun Olubadan.
2) Owolabi Olakulehin: Balogun Olubadan
3) Rashidi Ladoja: Osi Olubadan.
4). Olufemi Olaifa: Otun Balogun.
5) Eddy Oyewole: Ashipa Olubadan.
6) Tajudeen Ajibola: Osi Balogun.
7) Amidu Ajibade:Ekaarun Olubadan.
8) Lateef Gbadamosi: Ashipa Balogun Olubadan.
9) Kola Adegbola: Ekarun Balogun.
10) Abiodun Kola-Daisi: Ekerin Olubadan.