Home Features Peter Obi Denies 1BN COVID-19 Relief Fund Donation, Says its Fake News

Peter Obi Denies 1BN COVID-19 Relief Fund Donation, Says its Fake News

88
0

The Vice Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Peter Obi, has dismissed social media reports that he donated N1 billion to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) relief fund.

“I have not donated to the fund”, Obi said in a statement issued on Tuesday, by his Media Office and signed by Mr. Valentine Obienyem.

Reacting to the list of purported donors to the fund, which has gone viral, in which his name appears as number 33 and a billion Naira indicated as the amount he has allegedly donated, Obi said the issue at hand was so scary and of great importance to the world, especially our dear country to be tainted by any manner of fake news. He implored purveyors of fake news to desist from that.

“As a Nigerian, I am deeply worried about the situation in the world especially what Nigeria and her citizens are going through. I had earlier made case for the vulnerable and advised that their plight should be a priority in any decision on how to fight the pandemic”, Obi said.

Obi, the statement continued, who thanked Nigerians that have in one way or the other contributed to the on-going efforts to check the spread of COVID-9 in the country, and to bring relief to the victims of the virus, urged more support from individuals and organisations according to abilities, to tackle what he described as “global catastrophe.”

Like and Share this:

ADD YOUR COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here