The indigenous rapper, Phyno, is the 4th amongst 5 children. Phyno grew up in the South eastern part of Niigeria.
Here are a few quick facts about him;
- Real name; Chibuzor Nelson Azubuike, earned a lot of nicknames on the street; Baba Obago, Man of the year, Baba Ibo, Playmaker but his stage name “Phyno” was a nickname from Secondary School by his friend who thought he was outstanding (Phenomenal).
- Phyno who had plans to become a pilot eventually studied Public Administration at Institute of Management and Technology for the sake of the certificate. His father would have loved the certificate for a qualified Doctor though.
- His love for music grew in Secondary School where he would disturb the class with his learnt skills of drumming. He also learnt to play the piano.
- Music started paying Phyno off in his second year studying Public Administration as he had mastered the skills of music production.
- In 2010, the talented rapper tried his Mc talent and eventually started his rap career under the advice of Illbliss.
- Phyno decided to rap in Igbo because he believes music has no language and regardless of who is listening, clarity lies in the video of every song.
- The indigenous Igbo rapper loves black and wears shade all the time to hide his shyness.