By Richard Thomas Ibadan
The Commissioner of Police, Oyo State Police Command, CP Joe Nwachukwu Enwonwu, psc has disclosed the intention of the federal government to recruit 10 thousand junior cadre in the Nigeria Police Force.
This was contained in a release with reference AZ:5250/OY/PPRO/VOL.5/151 made available to Western Post by the Command Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Fadeyi Olugbenga on Monday in Ibadan.
The release stated, “The President, Federal Republic of Nigeria and Inspector General of Police (IGP) Mohammed Adamu Abubakar, NPM mni has approved the recruitment of able-bodied men and women who have an interest in joining the Nigeria Police Force as Recruit Constable.
“It said, applicants must have a passion for a career in the Force and to serve their father’s land wholeheartedly and must possess the following requirements;
- Applicants must be a Nigerian and an indigene of Oyo State, with a valid National Identity card.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of five (5) credits level passes including English language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings in WAEC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
- Applicants must not be less than 17 years of age or more than 25 years.
- Applicants must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offences.
- Applicants must be medically, physically and psychologically fit and must not be less than 1.67m tall for male and 1.64m for female.
- Applicants must not have less than 86cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for men only).
- Female applicants must not be pregnant at the time of recruitment.
- Applicants must be free from any pecuniary embarrassment.
- Applicants must print their completed online / guarantors forms and submit same at the examination/ screening and recruitment centers.
- All applications must be submitted online. The online applications will be opened for a period of six weeks starting from 14th July – 23rd August, 2020.
It also stated that the applicants that meet the requirements would be invited for physical screening from 24th to 30th August, 2020 at the Oyo State Police Headquarters, Eleyele, Ibadan, adding that names of the successful candidates will be published in selected National Newspapers and other platforms on the 14th September, 2020.
“It, therefore, directed the applicants to visit the portal through www.policerecruitment.gov.ng.
“The application is free and the Commissioner of Police has warned that any candidate who is involved in any form of monetary inducement will be disqualified.”