By Bode Akinbode, Ibadan
Properties worth millions of naira was lost to a fire incident that happened in Oke-Ado area of Ibadan on Wednesday when a house around Oke-Ado market was gotted by fire.
One of the residents of the house that was burnt, Olalekan Okikiola told Westernpost correspondent that ‘the fire began in the early hours of Wednesday at ile Ojagbusi as a result of a spark from an electric cooker that was on when the PHCN light was brought in the area.
“I was called from where I took my son to the lesson this morning that our house has caught fire, the fire was caused as a result of an electric cooker that was on when the PHCN brought light.”
“No casualty was recorded but properties worth millions of naira were lost ranging from electrical equipments, furniture’s, house utensils, and cloths, among others.
Also speaking to journalists about the fire incident was one blessing who was also victim of the fire incident, noted that all her properties has been engulfed by fire, adding that the only thing left for her was the cloth she is putting on presently.
“I wasn’t at home when the fire started, my children was at home, it took the intervention of some boys in our area to break my door before my children can be rescue from the inferno.
Blessing added that all her valuable properties worth several amount of money was lost in the fire, noting that there is nothing left for her and her children to live on.
She however pleaded with the Oyo State government to quickly come into their aids by assisting the victims with relief materials in order to ameliorate their sufferings