Home Features Sanwo-olu Appeals To Motorists To Cooperate With Security Agents On Partial Closure...

Sanwo-olu Appeals To Motorists To Cooperate With Security Agents On Partial Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge

0

 

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has assured residents that adequate arrangements have been made to ensure free flow of traffic during the partial closure of the Third Mainland Bridge from midnight tomorrow ,July 24 till January 24, next year.

Governor Sanwo-Olu gave the assurance while playing host to the Lagos Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, Mr. Olusegun Ogungbemide and the Lagos State Commandant of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Mr Adeyinka Ayinla at the Lagos House Marina.

The Governor appealed to motorists to be patient and to obey traffic officials who have been deployed to ensure smooth vehicular traffic.

“This is an exercise that we have done before, so there’s no reason for anybody to be worried, there will be access for 75-80 percent of motorists going to the Island in the mornings and coming back in the evenings, the remaining 25-20 percent others can make use of the alternative roads. We have deployed 650 LASTMA officials to ensure seamless journey, I see a partner in FRSC, we also want to appeal to our road users, patient is key, let’s obey traffic officials” the Governor urged.

Governor Sanwo-Olu reiterated that arrangements have been made to boost water transportation during the period to ease the pressure on road traffic.

He said his administration is currently building Seven Jetties in different parts of the State, while 600 new buses would be rolled out to ply the Abule Egba BRT corridor this August.

The Governor restated his administration’s commitment to build an intermodal transportation system in line with the smart city status of the State and as a permanent solution to traffic congestion.

He commended both the FRSC and the NSCDC for their contributions to the well-being and welfare of residents and assured them of his administration’s support.

Earlier, the FRSC Sector Commander, Mr. Olusegun Ogungbemide who was recently deployed to Lagos commended the State Government for it’s dedication to making commuting easier for not just the residents of Lagos but for also those of neighbouring Ogun State.

While listing the Corps various contributions to data gathering and security within Lagos and environs, Mr Ogungbemide appealed to the Governor to include the FRSC in the State security structure.

Mr Ogungbemide announced that the FRSC would be deploying 250 personnel to support other traffic agencies during the partial closure of the 3rd Mainland Bridge.

On his part, the NSCDC Commandant, Mr Adeyinka Ayinla said his men would also be on the road to ensure security of commuters throughout the duration of the repair works on the Bridge.

The replacement of the alignment and expansion joints on the Third Mainland Bridge has been divided into two phases with each Phase lasting for three months each.

 

wema_bank_salary_based_loan

Like and Share this:

ADD YOUR COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here