Yes bananas has a lot of great and wonderful benefits to the body. Banana as we all know is a monkeys food and if one is found eating plenty of it, one is said to be a monkey [lol]. Nevertheless, apart from the benefits banana has to offer, can you believe that bananas can whiten the teeth? Yes, I know you may be surprised, but indeed banana does wonders.Therefore, I will be putting you through some of its benefits and how it also helps to whiten the teeth. Do you know that eating four bananas a week in your diet is very healthy?, because one banana has about 11% of the RDA of dietary fiber and about 108 calories.
1. CANCER PREVENTION: The probability of developing kidney cancer is greatly lessened by frequent intake of fruits and vegetables, especially bananas. In the sense that the probability of developing cancer in female subjects decreased by 50% when you eat bananas four to six times a day.
2. RUGGED CUT: Bananas trigger the production of mucus in the stomach, which provides a protective barrier against stomach acids and also possess protease inhibitors [a substance that breaks down bacteria in the stomach that causes ulcers].
3. BONE HEALTH: Potassium prevents the weakening of the body bones as we a ll know and also the high in-take of sodium which is typical of many American diets, can cause excessive amount of calcium to be lost through the urine, which threatens not only the general health of the bone but also after blood clothing. The potassium found in bananas neutralizes the high amount of sodium in ones diet.
4. HIGH NUTRIENT ABSORPTION: It will interest you to know that banana also contains high levels of fructooligosacharide [FOS].
Nourishes healthy bacteria in the colon that manufacture vitamins and digestive enzymes that can boost the body’s overall ability to absorb nutrients.
5. HEALTHY DIGESTIVE TRACT: Bananas can diminish the uncomfortable effects of diarrhea and constipation. The high level of potassium in bananas can re-stock electrolytes that are easily depleted when suffering from constipation and help restore regular digestion.
6. VITAMIN B6: It might interest you to know that RDA of vitamins B6, which serves a lot of crucial roles in the body’s health. This vitamin in banana acts as an anti-flammatory agent that helps ward off cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and obesity.It also plays a pivotal part in cell formation and proper nervous system function, so eat one banana a day and make a healthy choice
7. REGULATES BLOOD PRESSURE: it has being observed that one intake of banana can regulate ones blood pressure,thereby reducing the probability of heart attack, stroke etc.
8. DIET: The fiber in banana not only keeps digestion regular, but also helps maintain low blood sugar and curbs over-eating.
I am pretty sure you will be surprised at how bananas whiten the teeth? Of course it can with just this simple remedy using the banana peel, wow! Interesting right? So let’s see how a banana peel can perform wonders.
- Peel a single strip from the banana by keeping the rest of the skin in intact, try to peel it from top to bottom just like the monkeys do.
- Rub the inside of the banana peel against your top and bottom teeth, until it’s completely coated in a layer of banana paste.
- Then you wait for the banana paste to work its magic for 10 minutes.
- Try to keep your mouth open and lips away from your teeth.
- Take a day toothbrush and use it to brush the banana paste into your teeth.
- Brush in circular motion for one to three minutes, then wet your toothbrush and use it to rinse off the banana paste from your teeth(you can use your regular toothpaste if you like).
Repeat once a day and its very likely not to get a result instantly so it’s advisable to try it for two weeks and hopefully get a result .Excellent right?