Home News WE’VE NOT BORROWED A KOBO FROM ANY BANK – AJIMOBI

WE’VE NOT BORROWED A KOBO FROM ANY BANK – AJIMOBI

0

Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has said that, in spite of dwindling federal allocation to the state, his administration had not taken loan from any financial institution to execute the various development projects currently going on in the state.

The governor also dismissed the rumours making the rounds that his government had given priority attention to foreign contractors in the execution of projects in the state, stating that over 70 per cent of the projects were being given to indigenous contractors.

He stated these on Monday while fielding questions from newsmen on a live programme on the state-owned media organization, the Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State (BCOS) as part of activities marking the third anniversary of his administration.

Governor Ajimobi said that his administration had been prudent in the management of the meagre resources accruing to the state from the federal allocation and internally-generated revenue to better the lots of the people of the state.

The governor, who said that all the roads currently being dualized in Ibadan, Oyo, Ogbomoso and Iseyin would be completed by June, assured that work on the dualisation of Idi Ape–Basorun-Akobo-Olorunda Road which is being estimated to gulp a total sum of N7 billion, would commence soon.

On the recent arrest of a factional leader of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Mr. Mukaila Lamidi, a.k.a. Auxiliary by the police, Governor Ajimobi said that the arrest was carried out by the officials of the Lagos State Police Command following the gun running allegation levelled against the NURTW chief.

According to him, the fact that Auxiliary had confessed to being in possession of gun, was an indication that his hands were not clean over the accusation of gun-running and violence levelled against him.

He warned the NURTW chieftain to clear himself of the gun running allegations rather than pointing fingers at his government for his plight.

Governor Ajimobi also said that his administration had fulfilled its promise to the people of the state, particularly in the area of employment, stressing that no fewer than 16,000 YES-O cadets had recently been employed, aside the over 5,000 cadets who had been given permanent employment in various ministries, departments and agencies from the initial 20,000 engaged in 2011.

The Governor also stated that over 3,000 teachers and 1,000 health workers had been employed, stressing that the newly-established state Technical University would take off in September, while arrangements had been concluded to constitute the management team of the two newly-established polytechnics in Saki and Eruwa.

Governor Ajimobi, while speaking on the recent Soka incident, said that his administration had no link whatsoever with the ritual killings in the area, urging the police to do everything possible to fish out the perpetrators of the heinous crime and bring them to book.

He expressed his administration’s commitment to the welfare of civil servants in the state through prompt payment of their salaries and allowances, as well as other ancillary benefits due to them.

The governor reiterated his determination to continue pursuing the environmental sanitation and urban renewal policies of his government with renewed vigour as well as the massive infrastructural development of the state.

Governor Ajimobi, who said that his administration had been pursing politics of development rather than the politics of character assassination that used to be the order of the day before his coming on board, cautioned against rumour mongering and peddling of outright lies which he said were antithetical to progress and development.

 

nigeria_news_access_bank_online

Like and Share this:

ADD YOUR COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here