Lagos State government has announced that developer of the three-storey building which collapsed in Onike area of Yaba, will be prosecuted.
While the developer has not been named, he was however arrested shortly after it was reported that five people died after the building collapsed on Saturday afternoon.
Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Idris Salako said in a statement that the developer returned to the site despite a stop-work order on the structure.
He said: “We had told them two times last year to stop work. I wonder why most Nigerians don’t listen to authority. Part of this building as we learnt then collapsed before and we told them to stop.”