By Adeola Ogunrinde
A massive fire broke out on Thursday at the Stanbic IBTC Bank, Baruwa, Ipaja Branch in downtown Lagos.
According to eye witnesses who were at the bank when the fire broke out, the engineer was pouring diesel into the generator while it was on.
The bank didn’t have a fire extinguisher so the fire escalated, in the process burning two cars. Some customers who were injured were rushed to nearby hospitals.
The fire lasted for close to four hours. Officials of the Lagos State Fire Service were quickly mobilised to the scene to help quench the fire along with some bank customers.